Work Food - KETO OVERNIGHT NOATMEAL!


 Working long hours at the computer often has me craving snacks and needing an energy boost. One of my favourite low-carb go-to's that easy to prepare is Overnight Noatmeal!  In place of traditional oatmeal, it uses chia seeds and coconut flour to thicken up the yoghurt-based concoction.  It also doesn't have to be prepared the night before, the chia seeds in this recipe can actually soften into the right texture in about an hour if you want your noatmeal sooner!

Here's what I use:


To start, I use a clean, 12 ounce jar.  Inside put in a tablespoon each of chia seeds and coconut flour, along with one teaspoon of ground cinnamon. 


This is followed up with half of a cup of Two Good Plain Yogurt and one tablespoon of almond butter.  I use Sam's Choice No Sugar Added.  If you are not too concerned with sugar or carbs, you can, of course, use the yoghurt of your choosing.  For me, however, this one is the lowest in sugar that I have found, and that is what I want!


The final step is to pour in a quarter to a half cup of coconut milk and about three tablespoons of sugar free breakfast syrup, just enough to fill, but NOT all the way to the top.  I'm using So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk.  You can also use almond milk or another keto-friendly milk alternative of your choice.  I've been using this brand because it's shelf stable, and coconut milk is Tiffoodie's preference too!


Once all your ingredients are in, it's time to stir it up or shake it up!  Sometimes, I do both!  Then into the fridge!  It'll be ready in an hour or the next day.  If you want to add extra fat to hit your keto macros, melt a tablespoon of coconut oil with your tablespoon of almond butter for about 15-20 seconds in the microwave.  Stir well until thoroughly combined before adding to the recipe.  You do not want the coconut oil to become clumpy when it gets cold!  This will add a nice 14 grams of fat, but also 120 extra calories.


I think it's the perfect thing for while I'm editing away at the computer!  This noatmeal is a nice mix of sweet and tangy with the yoghurt and syrup.  Also, with the almond butter, there's a bit of a PB&J vibe.  You can add fruit, nuts, or berries to this if you like!  It's great for breakfast or a snack!  It is so creamy!



292 Calories, 17g Fat, 19g Total Carbs (8g Net Carbs), 17g Protein, 11g Dietary Fiber, 3g Sugar

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snack Attack Pt. 2 - KETO VEGGIE PANCAKE

🍪 Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 🍪