🎃 HOPEFUL HALLOWEEN! Last minute DIY J-Hope Inspired T-shirt 🎨🖌️👕 FREE TEMPLATE!!!

 

It's Halloween time again!  I volunteered to help Tiffoodie create her last-minute J-Hope inspired costume this year.  @Bangtan_Style07 on Twitter has some great guides for recreating the guys' looks from the Dynamite music video.  With funds being tight right now, we opted to grab a cheap black T, use paint we already had, and splurge on these fun sunglasses.  Here's what I used:  


To recreate this look, first download this design template.  Grab some red, blue, green, yellow, and white fabric paint, or you can use acrylic with textile medium like I did.  Tape wax paper around a piece of cardboard large enough to fill the inside of your t-shirt.  Place the cardboard inside the shirt and stretch shirt to flatten and smooth.  Here, I cut out and painted my letters first and then the shapes. With a ruler, measure to centre your design and then tape down the stencil.



I originally painted my letters first, mixing my paint and medium at a 2:1 ratio.  Having never painted a black shirt before, I quickly discovered what I wish I had done differently.  I found my colours where dull and dark on the black material.  I ended up painting over the colours with a layer of white, then repainting the colours again.
 

To save time and effort, my recommendation is to paint the whole shape in white, then go back over it with the colours, filling in the negative space around the letters.  I gave my shapes and letters multiple coats to build up a nice, opaque finished design.  My paint needed a few hours to dry.  Be sure to check your paint bottle for the necessary drying time.  Be safe this Halloween and ENJOY!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snack Attack Pt. 2 - KETO VEGGIE PANCAKE

Work Food - KETO OVERNIGHT NOATMEAL!

🍪 Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 🍪