🎄🎉 Happy Epiphany! HOLIDAY CINNAMON CANDIED ROASTED ALMONDS 🎉 🎄

I hope you've hand a wonderful holiday season!  I've been taking a break from blogging, but I'm back to post a quick holiday-inspired recipe that all my keto brothers and sisters out there can enjoy.  It is also great for anytime of the year that you're looking for a low-carb, low-sugar sweet snack.  My recipe is inspired by this one over at cookingclassy.com.

*WARNING* My version uses Erythritol-based sweeteners.  I recommend that you do not use this if you have ever had any adverse effects to this sweetener.  I personally have to consume anything made with Erythritol in moderation because I have developed stomach aches if I consumed too much of it.  For this recipe, I chose to use a combination of Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweentener and Pyure Stevia All-Purpose Blend.  In the past, I had tried to create this recipe using a general all-purpose baking Stevia, but it stayed soft and did not develop the crunch that is essential to the candied almond texture.

Here is what I used:

First, preheat the oven to 250° F / 120° C.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together 1/2 cup of the Pyure, 1/2 cup of the golden monk fruit sweetener, 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, and 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.  Set aside.

Combine one egg white, two teaspoons of water, and two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract in a large bowl.  Mix until nice and frothy.



Stir in four cups of whole natural raw almonds until coated.


 
Then stir in the powdered ingredients until fully incorporated. 

Evenly spread out the almond mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool to appropriate hardness, stirring occasionally if desired.

They're now ready to be enjoyed!  I served mine up in home-made cones of parchment paper.  Store any uneaten quantity in an air-tight container.

 

Makes 12 servings.  Per serving:
283 Calories, 25g Fat, 27g Total Carbs (- Erythritol & Fibre = 6g Net Carb), 
11g Protein, 5g Dietary Fiber, 2g Sugar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snack Attack Pt. 2 - KETO VEGGIE PANCAKE

Work Food - KETO OVERNIGHT NOATMEAL!

🍪 Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 🍪