Snack Attack! NORI NACHOS



 
I've been working with a food vlogger, so it got me thinking about what I like to eat.  One of my favourite snacks is what I like to call "Nori Nachos," made from the seaweed sheets most often used for wraps and sushi rolls.  I preheat my oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 Centigrade.  The Ocean's Halo brand full size nori sheets are the easiest for me to get a hold of, but if you can find them, the smaller seaweed snack size sheets are great because they are already the perfect size!  I've also used brands like Sea's Gift and Nora (my favourite when I can find it cos they come in multi-packs).


I usually lay out two full sheets on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  You can use just about any cheese you want.  I love making keto pizzas, so I almost always have shredded part-skim mozzarella on hand and use it for these nachos as well.  I used about a quarter to a third a cup of shredded cheese on each sheet, followed by a generous sprinkling of red pepper flakes and Italian seasonings.  After seasoning, into the oven it goes for about 7 minutes. 



Keep a watchful eye.  These need to come out as soon as the cheese is bubbly and melty.  Be aware that different cheeses melt differently, so be vigilant when baking these that your nachos don't burn. When I like how it looks, I pull it out and slice it up with a pizza cutter.


Seaweeds snacks can sometimes be chewy, but baking gives these nachos a nice crispy texture that tastes great alone or with your favourite dip.  I sometimes enjoy mine with Clint's Chipotle Salsa, which has 0 grams of added sugar and only one net carb per serving.  I also think it would taste great with guacamole.



170 Calories, 10g Fat, 5g Total Carbs (2g Net Carbs), 16g Protein, 3g Dietary Fiber, 0g Sugar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snack Attack Pt. 2 - KETO VEGGIE PANCAKE

Work Food - KETO OVERNIGHT NOATMEAL!

🍪 Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 🍪